Friday, April 4, 2014

Chatting with Hank Phillippi Ryan about how the sausage gets made

How do we write when Facebook is so tempting? What are the biggest obstacles to getting the daily word count done? Over at the Sisters in Crime New England blog, mystery superstar Hank Phillippi Ryan and I chat about the mechanics, and more...

Here's a sample:
Hank: When you need to do your writing for the day, how difficult is it to get yourself to begin? Why?

Me: It’s not difficult at all. Why do you ask? As soon as I’ve checked Twitter and Facebook, and then gone back because maybe I’ve missed a few Tweets. And then looked at my email and responded to my email, and then responded to new postings on Facebook and looked through the latest cat videos … sorry, what was the question again?

Read more here.

No comments: